Caring and Well-being (Routldege Studies in the Sociology of Health and Illness)
Something is missing in contemporary health and social care. Health and illness is often measured in policy documents in economic terms, and clinical outcomes are enmeshed in statistical data, with the patient’:s experience left to one side. This stimulating book is concerned with how to humanise health and social care and keep the person at the centre of practice.
Caring and Well-Being:opens by articulating Galvin and Todres’: innovative framework for humanising health care and closes with a synthesis of their argument and a discussion of how this can be applied in healthcare policy and practice. It:
- presents an innovative lifeworld-led approach to the humanisation of care:
- explores the concept of well-being and its relationship to suffering and outlines the rationale for a focus on them within this approach:
- discusses how the framework can be applied and how health and social practitioners can draw on aesthetic and empathic avenues to help develop their capacity for care:
- provides direction for policy, practice and education.
Investigating what it means to be human in a health and social care context and what the things that make us feel more human are, this book presents new perspectives about how professionals can enhance their capacity for humanly sensitive care. It is a valuable work for all those interested in ideas about care and caring in a health and social context, including psychologists, doctors and nurses.
*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Formats for this Ebook
|Required Software||Any PDF Reader, Apple Preview|
|Supported Devices||Windows PC/PocketPC, Mac OS, Linux OS, Apple iPhone/iPod Touch.|
|# of Devices||Unlimited|
|Flowing Text / Pages||Pages|
- PDF | 224 pages
- Kathleen Galvin (Author), Les Todres (Contributor)
- Routledge (23 Jun. 2014)
- Health, Family Lifestyle
|The message text:|
An Innocent Debutant in Hanover Square (Historical Romance Large Print) (Mills and Boon Largeprint Historical)
Essential Guide To Developing, Implementing, And Evaluating Objective Structured Clinical Examination, An (Osce)
A Rhetorical Analysis of 'Under the Volcano': Malcolm Lowry's Design Governing Posture (Studies in British Literature)